Have you ever been down to your last £2.76 in the bank?
If it were me, I’d be grateful that
- we have enough simple food storage to see us to payday. (www.lds.org)
- the bills are covered completely.
- it is +£2.76 and not -£2.76.
- there’s a couple of quid in the purse.
- the car has a full tank of petrol.
- the laundry is done because we’ve just run out of laundry detergent.
- the knowledge that this is temporary.
- the belief that net worth does not define my value as a person.
- the belief this is all for the greater good while we fight the good fight.
- the knowledge that things are this way because of what we are building.
- that in years to come we’d have some great stories and perspective.
- that our head is above water because we swim so damn good.
- that hopefully things will never be this lean again.
- that we still have a “laugh at the Universe” attitude. So what you’re skint, so what!
You know, if it were me, which it isn’t.